Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bill Noble[_2_] Bill Noble[_2_] is offline

Default Rhoomba (was Good Lawn Mowers)

1. you can buy tread repair kits from a seller on ebay for $5
2. you can buy batteries from a different seller (actually 8 or 9 sellers)
for $37
3. read the irobot site and see if the new features attract you - the very
early ones had a cubmersome way of cleaning them - that is improved - they
work and do their job - but note that the docking stations for the newer
ones are just a tiny bit different from the earlier ones and a new one won't
dock in an old station
"RBnDFW" wrote in message
Winston wrote: about Rhoomba

We bought one of those a few years back. It threw a tread then the battery
died, right before they sent us an upgraded smart charger.

Haven't used it since. Now I'm wondering if I should buy a battery ($$$$)
or just buy the newest model.

Have they improved much in the last two years?