Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Good Lawn Mowers

On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 08:24:03 -0700, the infamous Winston
scrawled the following:

Larry Jaques wrote:

(...)

What, $300 a year for that kind of inefficiency?

Yeah but every day it cleans, it costs me less!

....until next year when it breaks and costs you an extra few hundred.

Billy Mays and I go 'way back. (Grin).

eGAD! What a confession.

Q: How long does it take for a Roomba to clean every inch of a 10x10'
room? It takes 5 minutes with my vacuum, going both X and Y
directions for best cleaning.

About 20 minutes. Who cares?

Does it turn itself off after finishing, or do you consider it done in
20 and shut it down yourself? I'll bet the latter, and I'll bet
you're wrong about it.

That's 20 minutes I get to spend designing stuff or fixing stuff
or making stuff! You know, Fun Stuff!

Plus, if I let it run for the entire hour, it cleans two more rooms.
Whats Not To Like!

Isn't that last sentence a question?

Honestly, if I were Electrolux or Kirby right now, I'd be
chittin bricks.

Why? Won't they just come out with their own $8k model?

NOW WITH HIGH-TRACTION WHEELS AND FUZZY LOGIC!

I could enlist the help of an onboard supervisor
and through the magic of camouflage, barely tell
when he is doing his job:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ-jv8g1YVI

(OK, not really my cat.)

Cuuuuuute.

That is a brave cat.

Yeah, where most animals run from the sound, that cat hops on. Hmm,
maybe it's both deaf and horny. That thing -has- to vibrate, huh?
That'd 'splain it.

--
If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the
thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power