Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Lawn mowers on slopes and hills

Tim Wescott wrote:

On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 16:25:34 -0500, Pete C. wrote:

steamer wrote:

--There's a very wide, very steep embankment, maybe 8ft height
change top to bottom that gets mowed on the Delta, at the resort where
we go steamboating every year. The groundskeeper's lawnmower has a long
rope with a wooden handle on the end so that it can be 'lowered' over
the berm and retrieved. Works really well.

The roads / highways around me have some quite steep embankments and
it's pretty scary watching the mowing crews with the full sized tractors
and triple mower decks operating at what must be a 30+ degree angle. I
haven't seen one on it's side yet though.

They can come mow my place...

I could reverse the rear wheels on my tractor, which spaces them out a
few inches. Much of my problem is just not knowing how much tilt is too
much -- it's not like you can fall over half way then stop and back out.

Weld up a set of training wheels...