Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_4_] Steve W.[_4_] is offline

Default Lawn mowers on slopes and hills

Jim Stewart wrote:
Pete C. wrote:
Randy wrote:
This is 30 year old advice but I think it still applies. My parents
had a yard with a steep slope and were told to always ride the tractor
up and down the hill and to push a mower across it.

My shop has some steep hills and I push mow all of them, the new mower
has a brake/kill switch on it, which is a good thing, I slipped down
the hill a few times.

I ride my mower across the steep slope around my pond with my hanging
off the uphill side as ballast. No sissy kill switches on my mower...

I've believe that's called "hiking out", especially
if you get too close to the pond...

Nope, get too close to the pond it's called "time to change my shorts"

--
Steve W.