Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jules[_2_] Jules[_2_] is offline

Default OT but someone here might know

On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 22:52:11 +0100, Bob Minchin wrote:
Jack wheel up, remove wheel, fit a length of drive shaft bolted the
wheel studs - driving an Archemedes screw pump Þ

Now we are getting back to where i want to be apart from not taking the
wheel off.
Friction drive to pump.

As I menationed earlier, if you have enough wheel studs then you can make
up a flange to do this - maybe drill it so some of the wheel nuts
help locate it, but take a couple of nuts off and use those to
bolte the flange to the wheel hub.

Couple of UJ's and a short bit of shaft from the flange to the pump, and
you're done.

Eliminates dangerous rollers, eliminates the gearing-up effect of tyre
against rollers, takes up less space, has some frictional advantages etc.

cheers

Jules