Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT but someone here might know

Bob Minchin wrote:
Years ago, there was a prototype electrical generator shown on TV -
possibly Tomorrow's World etc.

It was a low ramp on which one wheel of a vehicle was driven and
parked. In the ramp was a pair of rollers driving a generator. The
other vehicle wheels were chocked. With the car in gear and at
tickover speeds a useful amount of power was generated.
I seem to recall the demonstration was a farmer going out to repair a
gateway and being able to run an electric drill to assist the repair.

Despite all the naysayers I still reckon this idea has legs. Average small
car must develop 50hp +? Thats going to run a hell of a lot more than any
inverter ever could.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk