Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Minchin[_2_] Bob Minchin[_2_] is offline

Default OT but someone here might know

Harry Bloomfield wrote:
on 18/08/2009, Andy Champ supposed :
I'm kind of worried about the idea of taking drive off one axle. The
diff. is designed to transmit load to both axles at once, and I'm not
sure it would take kindly to having one axle fixed and the other
spinning for long periods. Never mind the thoughts on the rollers.
However...

Harry Bloomfield wrote:
BigWallop explained on 18/08/2009 :
Wouldn't it be easier to buy a 12Vdc appliance and plug it into the
cigar
lighter socket. There are huge amounts of things that have been
specially
designed to run like that.

That gave me an idea....

Caravans use 12v DC water pumps, some of them designed to work inline
with the pipe, others intended to fit at the dipped into the water
end of the pipe. Flow rates are enough for a shower, but lifting
height will be limited - say around two meters.

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

These days most car alternators produce a lot of amps - so an inverter
would be a cheaper solution. And more efficient. Most modern cars will
alter the idle speed to cope with the extra load.

Guys, this is a 2CV. Modern car? And aren't they 6 volts??

Andy.

Oh, OK...

Jack wheel up, remove wheel, fit a length of drive shaft bolted the
wheel studs - driving an Archemedes screw pump Þ

Now we are getting back to where i want to be apart from not taking the
wheel off.
Friction drive to pump.

Bob