Posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers
Yard Guy Yard Guy is offline

Default Propane-powered Mosquito Traps: What's the deal? Do they work?

Chas Hurst wrote:

In other words, while I can believe that bats can detect, and eat
a lot of flying insects (moths, etc) I simply don't believe that
mosquitoes form any significant portion of their diet.

That's just plain ignorance. Bats eat lots of mosquitoes, and it
doesn't matter what portion of the bats diet mosquitoes make.

A bat that eats one mosquito per night would not it a good reason to try
to attract bats to my back yard.

And you didn't respond to my comment that I question if a mosquito is
large enough to be detectible to the echo-location mechanism that bats
use to locate and consume their flying food items at night.