Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y
Ret.[_2_] Ret.[_2_] is offline

Default Sticking platerboard to plastered wall

the_constructor wrote:
In my kitchen the wall resembles the Himalaya
Range of mountains.

I would like to stick some plaster board onto the wall to cover it
all up and then put some tiles on. Length approx 19' (foot) x 18"
high (inches).
The only bags of plaster that I can purchase from the local builders
supplies is quite large and most of it would be wasted. No DIY shops
for 8 miles.

I was thinking of stick plasterboard to wall with something that I
can put in my sealant gun. I know this would probably cost more than
plaster but at least none would be wasted.

Your suggestions as to what to use would be most welcomed.

Kindest regards,

I completely replaced my bathroom some 18 months ago. The bathroom had two
breeze block walls and two plasterboard walls. By the time I had finished
removing the old tiles, there were big holes in the plasterboard, and large
areas of missing plaster on the breeze-block walls. I removed all the old
plasterboard and all the old plaster and replaced the lot with new
plasterboard. To fix the plasterboard to the breeze-block walls I used
Gyproc Dry-Wall Adhesive. It comes in paper sacks like cement and you just
add water to make a fairly thick mix. You then just stick a trowel in and
'throw' lumps of adhesive at the wall at spaced intervals. You then just
lift the plasterboard and press it against the lumps until it is level, both
vertically and horizontally. Dead easy - and cheap - to do. The adhesive was
surprisingly inexpensive - and a lot less than using loads of 'no more
nails' in a gun! It sets like iron!

Kev