Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default A caution -Rubber Wood Furniture from the Far East.

In article ,
Stuart Noble wrote:
With decent glue that makes a joint as strong as continuous timber.

Providing the wood is sufficiently dry. IIRC 5% moisture content is the
spec for laminated pine boards. Above that the RF glue doesn't work.

I bought some fiendishly expensive strip wood from B&Q not long ago to
finish a job. Needed 4 lengths. One of them had just this joint in it -
but I could arrange so it was in the scrap so didn't bother. Tried
snapping the offcut and it snapped elsewhere.

--
*If you can read this, thank a teecher

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.