Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default A caution -Rubber Wood Furniture from the Far East.

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Derek Geldard wrote:
To my horror I found that these wooden parts which are about 200 cm
x 3 cm x 2cm have been fabricated out of short lengths of rubber wood
around 20 x 3 x 2 which have been joined together by being machined on
the ends into a male and female tapered comb, and then glued to form a
single piece of material which can be used as virgin timber.

With decent glue that makes a joint as strong as continuous timber.

Providing the wood is sufficiently dry. IIRC 5% moisture content is the
spec for laminated pine boards. Above that the RF glue doesn't work.