Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Electric mower / trimmer?

In article ,
Winston wrote:

Hi all,

I've a friend who is losing a battle with some 4' tall, fibrous
weeds on her 1/4 acre lot.

Having cruised through all 59 articles in the thread, I'll add my 2
cents worth of random thoughts:

Someone suggested mowing twice per week, and you said the weeds grow
faster than that. Bull****. Nothing grows that fast. A good electric
should be able to handle it if she stays on top of the situation.

For cutting them down when she fails to get out there twice per week, an
electric hedge trimmer should do it.

If she really is OK, as you suggested, with working 50 times as long on
it, then get her a little one-hand bypass pruner.

It's only 1/4 acre. Tell her to dig the damn things out with a shovel,
one at a time.

But mostly, I agree with those who suggested walking away from someone
who refuses to accept expert advice on how to deal with the situation.