Posted to alt.home.repair
Winston Winston is offline

Default Electric mower / trimmer?

Mike Paulsen wrote:
Winston wrote:

She has been attacking the weeds with a standard A.C. powered 'Weed
wacker'.
(Black and Decker 'Grass Hog'). Clearly, the fibrous stalks are more
than a match for the weak 'fishing line'. She is well on her way to
trashing her second 'Grass Hog'.

You might want to look into getting a different trimmer head. There are
some bladed heads which are compatible with electric trimmers. Example:

http://www.amazon.com/Grass-Gator-36..._bxgy_hi_img_c

Great minds and all that, Mike.

That's the exact one I bought two weeks ago when my friend
broke the spool assembly on her first trimmer.

Though it may be "compatible with 99% of all gas trimmers"
as it says on the package, the 'Grass Hog' A.C. trimmer
will not accommodate it. Indeed, 'Black and Decker' does not
even show up as a compatible brand on the manufacturer's
website:

http://www.cmdproducts.com/makes.html

Good thought though.

Thanks!