Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Good Lawn Mowers

On Aug 18, 12:08*am, Tim Wescott wrote:

Now we live on a place that has a significant amount of grass on a
20-30 degree slope. *It's too steep for our narrow-tread tractor (at
least _I_ don't have the balls to go driving on it!), and the area is
pretty sizable. *I

Anyone have any mileage with a largish self-propelled mower that works
good on slopes? *I'm looking for something that'll bag, but being able
to take off the bag and just fling the grass when I'm opening up new
territory would be nice.

--
www.wescottdesign.com

Besides, y'all are a smart group, and likely to select a mower for it's
ability to manfully cling to side hill, not 'cause it's a pretty shade of
green, or because you liked the sales guy's long lashes as he explained
the self-start feature.

--www.wescottdesign.com

Kind of depends on what you consider a significant amount of grass.
My neighbor lent me a zero turn walk behind mower with a 60 inch deck
and a 18 hp engine. I don't have much in the way of hills, but I
think it would do as well as anything on slopes. I would not want to
cut more than four or five acres with it. More than that and I want to
ride. Look on Craigslist and Ebay for zero turn mowers. I believe the
one he lent me was an Exmark. But no bag. Not too many of the
commercial mowers have bags, but there are some.

Dan