Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott Tim Wescott is offline

Default Good Lawn Mowers

The Lawnmower That Refuses To Die is starting to show rust holes in the
deck! Yay! We can ditch it! (we've had this thing for 18 years; for
about 16 of that it's been too hard to start for SWMBO, so I've been
doing a lot of the mowing).

Now we live on a place that has a significant amount of grass on a 20-30
degree slope. It's too steep for our narrow-tread tractor (at least _I_
don't have the balls to go driving on it!), and the area is pretty
sizable. I'm assuming that we want to get a self-propelled mower instead
of a riding, because of the slope.

Anyone have any mileage with a largish self-propelled mower that works
good on slopes? I'm looking for something that'll bag, but being able to
take off the bag and just fling the grass when I'm opening up new
territory would be nice.

--
www.wescottdesign.com