Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT but someone here might know

Jules laid this down on his screen :
On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 21:54:11 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
its not hard to build..

I wonder if the original commercial product was canned over H+S worries...
must be fun if someone got stuck in the rollers, or chocks came loose, or
something in the mechanism fouled up. Not something a DIYer has to worry
about (well they do, but if something screws up it's their own fault) but
I could see it having some commercial issues...

I like the 'build one' aspect - but where does one source a big-ish
alternator these days? Make one? (i.e. same sort of DIY disk alternator
that some of the wind tubine homebrewers are cooking up) - or is there a
good source somewhere for alternators without any kind of engine to drive
them?

A basic car alternator can produce 110v.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)