Posted to alt.home.repair
EJ Willson EJ Willson is offline

Default New granite - is this acceptable

ransley wrote:
On Aug 17, 8:17 am, PB2 wrote:
On Aug 17, 8:29 am, Big Jim wrote:

Did you mention this when it was being installed? I'd have made note
of it and probably not even allowed them to install it. Minor
imperfections come with all natural products but that looks like
sh*t. I hope you didnt pay completely.

I wasn't home when it was being installed, so I was only able to
comment on it at the time. I did notice it as soon as I walked in the
bathroom, though.

I haven't paid for the granite yet. It almost looks like someone
accidentally cut it in the wrong place, then filled it in with
something else. I wasn't sure if this kind of thing was common and I
was being oversensitive. It sounds like I'm not and it really does
look bad.

This is a pretty standard order of stone, so I'm hoping it won't be
too hard to match it.

Thanks,
PB

Have him turn it around and polish the other side.

This might be possible, if the blemish is not a cut that goes all the
way through the piece.

EJ in NJ