Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joe AutoDrill[_2_] Joe AutoDrill[_2_] is offline

Default discount forklift battery

Mine's 12 volt, 36 volt is very common too. It pulls 50+ amps charging. I
tried a farm heavy duty charger at first many years ago, didn't have
enough power.

I am not an electrical guru, but I always thought that the charge was a
result of the higher voltage going in VS the actual amperage... Thus the
reason a trickle charger may take an entire day to recharge a standard bike
or car battery if it is pretty low... I figured a small trickle charger
might be able to handle a 12 volt forklift-size battery in a week or
something similar presuming the "sitting still and not being used" discharge
of the same battery was less than what was going into it.

50 amps... That's certainly not something I have sitting at home.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

V8013-R