Posted to alt.home.repair
Roger Shoaf Roger Shoaf is offline

Default Painting glazing

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
.com...
Not really. Upper sashes are all pretty permanently affixed (they're
moveable but have many coats of paint sticking them to the jambs), and
I'm not about to remove the lower sashes (more than one time) just to
paint them. I just screw up my courage and go up and down the ladder.

If the upper sash is painted shut, now is a good time to remedy the
stupidity.

Using a razor blade to slice the paint film, disassemble the windows and
reglaze them while they are out of the frame.

Scrape any paint that is in the areas that should not be painted, and wax
with paraffin wax.

Replace any sash cords that are shot, and apply plastic weather stripping to
reduce any air infiltration.

Sand and refinish the woodwork and the windows will work good as new.

This is really not a difficult process.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.