Posted to uk.d-i-y
NT[_2_] NT[_2_] is offline

Default Lithofin type things

On Aug 17, 3:06*am, John Rumm wrote:
NT wrote:
On Aug 16, 1:22 pm, Dave Osborne wrote:
NT wrote:
On Aug 15, 4:46 pm, John Rumm wrote:
NT wrote:

Hi
Looking for a relatively low cost way to keep tile grout mould-free
and clean. Any recommendations?
"Lithofin Grout Protector" ;-)
Yes, I was looking for alternatives really, if possible something
solvent free and lower cost. Does anyone know much about HG Super
Grout Protector?
I'm also vaguely tempted by the idea of using floor varnish, if anyone
knows if its workable.
NT
Topps Tiles do this product:-

http://www.toppstiles.co.uk/tprod131...rotector-500ML.....

Cheaper and easier to come by than Lithofin.

Thanks for that one. I still dont like the price though for a job that
wouldnt normally get any such additional work. Is there any type of
floor varnish that can withstand near constant wetness (its for a well
used shower)?

There probably are, but unlike the purpose made products they will alter
the appearance of the grout - either in colour or lustre.

yes, I dont mind that. If I knew which varnish type would do it I'd
use it. But I dont.

NT