Posted to uk.d-i-y
Howard Neil Howard Neil is offline

Default Bladders in water pumps

Bob Minchin wrote:
Howard Neil wrote:

Hi, My bladdered water pump has a problem. I found that there was
water both sides of the bladder in the holding tank. Yet I cannot find
a split (which is what I was expecting to find) or even a hole in the
bladder.

I have filled it with water and stood it on dry concrete for half an
hour but there was no leak. Can these bladders just leak under
pressure, please?

Not know what the hell a bladdered water pump was I turned to google.
The first one I looked at here
http://www.envcoglobal.com/catalog/p...mple-pump.html

was a bladderless bladder pump
Might help?

This is a picture of a similar pump.

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/pr...trifugal-pumps

I really suspect that there is a weakness that only appears when it is
under pressure (at which time it cannot be seen). I will ring the main
agents tomorrow and hopefully they will be able to help.

--
Howard Neil