Posted to alt.home.repair
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default Central Vac silencer

On Aug 16, 12:57*am, "Robert Green"
wrote:
"JIMMIE" wrote in message

On Aug 15, 3:24 am, "Robert Green" wrote:

I want to truly silence my Hayden central vac.

stuff snipped

My father in law put his in the utility room. He had the forsight to
insulate the walls. *He also installed the washing machine, dryer *and
to his wife's annoyance the dishwaher in there.

I love it. You can sit down *and wath TV or talk and dont have to
worry about hearing major appliances running.

Yes, that sounds like a great idea. *Not to easy to do in a house that I am
only "making do" with until the real estate market regains its sanity. *I'm
trying to get by until then. *I think a foam blanket might easily do the
trick.

Thanks for the input.

--
Bobby G.

Does the unit have an exhaust pipe? I used to have a Kenmore unit in
the garage and even there it was bothersome until I extended the
exhaust pipe outside. When the motor on it finally went out I decided
not to replace it.

Jimmie