Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default WTF with my computer clock?

David Nebenzahl wrote:

Hope I'm not belaboring the point here. I just ran "net time" again and
got the error message "Could not locate a time-server". So I assume that
even if that process is running on my computer, as someone else here
asserted, it's not doing anything to my RTC, as there are no
time-servers to query (that it knows about). Therefore, the time my
computer displays is the actual RTC value. Therefore, it seems to be at
least as accurate as you've stated (about a minute a month), which
actually seems pretty damn good to me. If it gets off by 12 minutes a
year, resetting the thing once annually would yield a clock that should
be close enough for most folks' purposes.

http://download.cnet.com/Atomic-Cloc...2_4-14844.html