Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Pneumatic planishing hammer

On Sun, 16 Aug 2009 09:14:35 -0600, the infamous "SteveB"
scrawled the following:

Northern Tools has one for $189. I was thinking of getting one for yard art
that I wanted to make rounded, like ladybug bodies and geckos. God I hate
those little ****ers since Geico's oversaturation of the airwaves with them,
and his faggotty English accent.

$99 plus $30 for the stand.

I lost the gecko when I tuned out of the TV scene in '07. /neener

Anyway, anyone use these? Do the air parts last? Is there a cheaper more
reliable mechanical substitute that's easy to use for and old fart? Could
one build one that worked on the gold stamp principle that just uses gravity
mainly?

The air hammers are typically on sale for $5, do don't sweat the
reliability of them. Just oil 'em daily and hammer away.

--
If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the
thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power