Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Pneumatic planishing hammer

On Aug 16, 4:14*pm, "SteveB" wrote:
Northern Tools has one for $189. *I was thinking of getting one for yard art
that I wanted to make rounded, like ladybug bodies and geckos. *God I hate
those little ****ers since Geico's oversaturation of the airwaves with them,
and his faggotty English accent.

Anyway, anyone use these? *Do the air parts last? *Is there a cheaper more
reliable mechanical substitute that's easy to use for and old fart? *Could
one build one that worked on the gold stamp principle that just uses gravity
mainly?

Steve

Harbor Freight has one for $100. And a couple of anvils. The local
Harbor Freight store had a small one for something like $20 or $30 ,
but it is not in the on line catalog. Looked easy to make.

Dan