Posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Propane-powered Mosquito Traps: What's the deal? Do they work?

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote:

-snip-
I used one for a couple of years and like yours, it would be loaded with
bugs. The problem, however, is that it attracted more bugs than when I had
nothing and it was still a net gain on my screen door in spite of those
killed away from the house where the zapper was hung. I'd never have one
again. . It may work better in more urban areas, especially if a few
neighbors have them too.

An entomologist was being interviewed about the various ways of
dealing with mosquitoes and said the propane zappers were a good gift
for a neighbor. He wouldn't use one on his property though.

It was a while ago, but I think his conclusion was deet and fans for
the best reduction in bites.

Jim