Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default WTF with my computer clock?

In article ,
Nigel Feltham wrote:
Are you sure that's what it is ? Any HD that I've seen is just that. A
perfectly 'normal' looking picture, but with a higher resolution. Why
should a higher res camera change the tonal composition of the picture
? (assuming that it is being shot on video). Looks more like they've
changed from film to video, or the other way round perhaps. Or are
maybe using a video mode that attempts to simulate film, something
like that. I saw it before on the programme when they did a couple of
'specials'. Didn't like it then, don't like it now.

Oh dear, sounds like the horrible filmic processing - where they reverse
the order of the 2 interlaced half frames to give the picture a
juddering effect which is claimed to look more like film.

No - The Bill has never used that. Or rather not in general - it may have
been tried on a 'special'.
The current ones are shot HD using progressive scan.

But IIRC, they suppress one field and repeat the other for this effect?

--
*He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.