Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Nigel Feltham Nigel Feltham is offline

Default WTF with my computer clock?

Arfa Daily wrote:

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Arfa Daily wrote:
And now that "The Bill" has got a 9 o'clock slot, they've changed the
shooting medium to something that looks altogether 'wrong',

It's called HD. ;-)

Are you sure that's what it is ? Any HD that I've seen is just that. A
perfectly 'normal' looking picture, but with a higher resolution. Why
should a higher res camera change the tonal composition of the picture ?
(assuming that it is being shot on video). Looks more like they've changed
from film to video, or the other way round perhaps. Or are maybe using a
video mode that attempts to simulate film, something like that. I saw it
before on the programme when they did a couple of 'specials'. Didn't like
it then, don't like it now.

Oh dear, sounds like the horrible filmic processing - where they reverse the
order of the 2 interlaced half frames to give the picture a juddering
effect which is claimed to look more like film.