Posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default Propane-powered Mosquito Traps: What's the deal? Do they work?

On Aug 15, 10:42*pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
"Van Chocstraw" wrote in message
Get a good electric bug zapper. Mine is caked with mosquitoes, black flies
and minges every morning. Any small flying insect attracted by ultra
violet even small moths and beetles. Some take a while to cook and smoke a
little. It's fun to watch. The tiny flies get zapped when they are 3
abreast in the zapper. Sometimes I blow it out at midnight and again in
the morning. I use an electric leaf blower. Bugs are pretty stupid.

I used one for a couple of years and *like yours, it would be loaded with
bugs. *The problem, however, is that it attracted more bugs than when I had
nothing and it was still a net gain on my screen door in spite of those
killed away from the house where the zapper was hung. *I'd never have one
again. *. *It may work better in more urban areas, especially if a few
neighbors have them too.

That is pretty much my story too. I took one camping and it attracted
more than it killed. Having the extra propane bottle did come in
handy . They are good for emptying out the bugs in a controlled space
like a
screened porch.

Jimmie