Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default Central Vac silencer

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Would it be easier to use the vac when people are awake?

Shift work. Not an option. If the foreclosures ramp up, might even have to
"hot bunk" like they do on subs if homeless friends and relatives have to be
taken in. Let us pray for economic recovery. (-:

That said, you can use a bathroom exhaust fan, to draw the
heat from the top of the room / closet where the vac
resides. Also, please consider that the sound may be going
out the bottom of the vac through the floor. So, lift the
unit and put sound deadening under the unit.

It's hanging from a plate attached to a piece of 3/4 ply attached to cinder
block wall. I am moving it, so I think I will use some of the big
rubberized mounts I've seen in my junk pile but quite can't remember where I
got them from. Like car motor mounts, just much smaller. Good point,
though, to insulate the mountings as much as I can acoustically speaking.

--
Bobby G.