Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Central Vac silencer

On Aug 15, 12:39*pm, "Roger Shoaf" wrote:
"Robert Green" wrote in message

I am going to make some preliminary and crude sound measurements wrapping

in
a different material to see if any has particularly good sound deadening
properties. *Anything I am missing? *What sort of materials (I was

thinking
3/4" ply and that bumpy acoustic foam) should I use?

I would use lead. *You can get thin sheet lead in 1/32" that you can wrap
around the noisy box and kill all of the sound.

--
Roger Shoaf
If you are not part of the solution, you are not dissolved in the solvent..

Heavy carpeting works wonders, the stuff with a thick foam backing
helps the most at the lower frequncies. I'd also contact the mfgr and
see if they could tell you of other installations of your model in
your area. Then go listen to a couple of those to see if yours is
especially bad,