Posted to uk.d-i-y
BigWallop[_2_] BigWallop[_2_] is offline

Default Puzzled about use of Earth Rod Terminal Box

jkn wrote:
Hi Chaps
Thanks for all the comments and suggestions.

One followup - my current earth rod, composed of two 4foot (I think)
Furse rods screwed together, sticks out of the ground a couple of feet
- I can't hammer it in any further. Would it be acceptable to cut this
down nearer to the ground? They are probably the copperbonded steel
cored type.

Thanks
J^n

Put a fancy flower pot in front of it, just to stop people falling over it.
:-) lol

Try cutting the very tip off, to see material it is, and then cut it down to
suit the level you need. If you're using a proper clamp, it won't matter
where that is sited on the rod to do its job.