Posted to uk.d-i-y
js.b1 js.b1 is offline

Default slighty rusty RSJ - rust stop paint ?

On Aug 15, 9:51*am, Simon wrote:
I've just replaced the guttering as it happens ... ;-)

Well done, avoids you finding all those outer-to-inner-leaf water
paths! :-)

Anyone doing guttering on an old house:
- Check the felt into the guttering, it is often rotted
- So slip DPC under the bottom row of tiles carefully

That can stop wind blown water migrating toward rafters, soffits,
bedroom ceilings, wallplate, cavity.

Something to remember if you ever get a tower up for other jobs, saves
about 1k. Almost worth buying a tower for (assuming you can handle
heights which I can't... well I can... it's just I impersonate an
incontinent seagull the higher I go). "You have some big birds in this
area"... "that is not the birds".