Posted to alt.home.repair
LouB[_2_] LouB[_2_] is offline

Default Install garbage disposal

Goog wrote:
My old condo came with an un-working disposal. I replaced it with a
new one.

The plumber charged $75. I paid. It happened last week.

I'm a 22 yrs old, female, just moved out from my parents' house after
I bought this old condo. Just so you know, I'm a newbie to home
repair. I bought my very first screwdriver two weeks ago. My dad
doesn't feel well most of the time so I don't want to bother him.

Today was the first time I used the disposal. It doesn't work.
Doesn't make any grinding sound at all. I got a flash light, looked
around it to see if I can spot any loose wire. None, in fact, not a
single wire from the disposal to the electrical outlet.

Doesn't it have to plug into the wall's outlet? If it does, where is
the wire? If not, how does it get the power from?

I called and left a mesage for the plumber since noon and he hasn't
called back yet.

Thanks again for all your help.

You might want to use google to find out more about the subject.