Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Gareth Magennis[_2_] Gareth Magennis[_2_] is offline

Default DJM500 Repair

"N_Cook" wrote in message
Gareth Magennis wrote in message

"m_o_o_k_i_e" wrote in message
On 13 Aug, 08:15, "N_Cook" wrote:
m_o_o_k_i_e wrote in message

I'm in the process of fixing a couple of faults with a DJM500. The
actual faults are straightforwrd, dodgy switches, dirty pots etc.

What
has got me stumped though, is the connector used to attach the
ribbon
cables internally.

They look like the sort that clamps on the bare tinned wires but if
lift what appears to be the retaining clip there is no change in the
pressure on the cable and I can't get it to release. Does anyone
have
any suggestions?

Thanks
John

Try pushing down , with a small piece of metal along the top , to give
even
pressure, which can be more pressure than the lift up type of clamp.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England
electronic hints and repair briefs , schematics/manuals list

I'm still not getting anywhere so I've posted some pictures of the
connector in question. Hopefully that'll help

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/bristo.../DJMConnectors

I can't believe I'm stumped by something so straightforward. Thanks
for the help so far.

Mr Cook is correct. Push down firmly on the top flat part of the

connector
housing with a screwdriver whilst gently pulling the cable out. These

are
actually quite a tight fit and don't feel like they want to come out at

all,
but they do.

Gareth.

I have a bit of square rod , fixed to a handle for this purpose, certainly
more than finger pressure required and pressure nneds to be made along the
length of the flange or not all wires will freeup together, the plastic
bends otherwise. Need a soft pad on the trackside as well usually

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Yep, it certainly takes more than fingers to release the latch, hence, no
doubt, the OP's confusion.

Gareth.