Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim[_20_] Tim[_20_] is offline

Default Making a press plate

"CarlBoyd" wrote in message
m...
Ignoramus8090 wrote:
On 2009-08-14, Ned Simmons wrote:
I think there's some ambiguity in the original post. I believe Iggy is
talking about the rotating plate for an arbor press. The disc on my
Greenerd #3-1/2 is about 11" dia x 1-3/4" thick.

Yes, that's what I am talking about. I have a 3/4" thick plate that I can
use for most projects, and two
1.5" bars, it should probably suffice. I would need to cut this 3/4"
plate in several pieces and need to make some openings in this 3/4
plate.

A 12 ton arbor press must be an absolute monster. Where are the pictures
Iggy? You are the best one in the group for posting pictures you have to
have posted this.

Same here. I thought most arbor presses were in the 3 to 4 ton range.