Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

Default Sticking platerboard to plastered wall

In article ,
the_constructor wrote:
In my kitchen the wall resembles the Himalaya
Range of mountains.

I would like to stick some plaster board onto the wall to cover it all
up and then put some tiles on. Length approx 19' (foot) x 18" high
(inches).

The only bags of plaster that I can purchase from the local builders
supplies is quite large and most of it would be wasted. No DIY shops for
8 miles.

But still cheaper than plasterboard.

I was thinking of stick plasterboard to wall with something that I can
put in my sealant gun. I know this would probably cost more than
plaster but at least none would be wasted.

There is a proper 'plaster' for fixing dry lining - which can take up any
irregularities. No Nails type stuff might not.

Your suggestions as to what to use would be most welcomed.

You don't need a perfect finish to tile to - just one which is true and
square. And dry lining still needs skill to achieve this.
Personally I'd skim with one coat plaster - use a length of straight
timber to level it off. You could chisel out vertical grooves in the old
plaster every metre or so and fit battens to act as a guide. Pack them as
required off the wall with cardboard, etc. After you've plastered remove
them and fill with plaster.

--
*Before they invented drawing boards, what did they go back to?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.