Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Sivori Tony Sivori is offline

Default Painting glazing

David Nebenzahl wrote:

This question directed at any painters out there.

I'm painting a house where I had to do quite a bit of reglazing on the
windows, and am evaluating my painting technique, which seems less than
optimal in this department.

[...]

Ideally, the final coat of paint would be left untouched, so that the
edge of the paint seals the edge of the glazing to the glass. In
practice, however, I find this almost impossible to achieve. (Damn those
books and instructions that show how to make a perfect paint job!)

So how do you do it?

Carry a rag or paper towel with you, and wipe off over paint as soon as it
happens. If it does not wipe off cleanly, dampen the rag.

Using a good brush helps too. I've had good luck with Purdy, sold both at
Lowe's and HD.

--
Tony Sivori