Posted to alt.home.repair
Goog Goog is offline

Default Staining my old desk

I apologize for not providing enough info. I'm new to home repair.

1. The brand of the stain is Minwax (yellow can) from Home Depot.
2. It's oil base.
3. I lightly sanded the old desk before applied the new stain.
4. I used a rag to apply the stain but didn't wipe it out real real
dry.
5. The desk is inside my condo and the temp is set at 78 degree.

I saw Home Depot sells some type of polyurethane (water based) and it
said "quick dry".

1. Should I go ahead and apply the clear coat on (even the wood is
still a little wet).
2. Or should I wait until it dries out completely completely before
put the clear coat on?

Thanks so much to those who replied. I appreciate it.

I guess I just leave it alone and it will dry eventually as one of the
posters suggested.