Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Air Conditioning problem

If you're electrically minded, you may very possibly have
the skills to fix it, yourself. Been a while since I bought
a transformer, but it was over ten clams. You may very
possibly have the skills to check and see if it's a bad
transformer.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"albee" wrote in message
On Fri, 14 Aug 2009 19:50:31 -0400, "RBM"
wrote:

Thanks; I found it.
Okay, if indeed it sounds like there are any number of
possibilities,
then maybe I will. Any chance it's simply a bad transformer
and
replacing it is $10?
I realize I'm not very knowledgable, but that's why I'm
here. And it's
saved me a bunch in the past, as I"ve replaced my own
contactor a few
times, my blower motor once, and the first time the
"professional"
replaced the contactor he even hooked it up wrong. I'm not
saying
that's the norm, of course, and that there isn't a time and
place for
calling in a pro (and perhaps this is that time), but as
long as I'm
safe about it, I figured many of these things are do-able
oneself.