Posted to uk.d-i-y
clot clot is offline

Default radiator sizes

Stephen wrote:
On Fri, 14 Aug 2009 11:12:21 +0100, "Roger Mills"
wrote:

But fins is fins and I'd expect all rads of the same basic
construction to be much of a muchness. Fin spacing will have an
effect - so my hunch is that a spread of perhaps 5% would be
reasonable but that 15% would be pushing it.

Thanks for your patience in this thread. Sorry it has taken me so long
to choose a radiator! It's a good job it's not winter or we would have
frozen by now! I'm thinking of getting a Stelrad now because they are
450mm tall rather than 500mm and I think 500mm would be too close to
the curtain. What is the recommended space between curtain and
radiator?

Upstairs, we have sufficient clearance between the top of the rads and the
window cills for me to have installed veneered contiboard shelves to deflect
the heat into the rooms when the curtains are closed.

Downstairs we have one window where the only solution was to have a curtain
of sufficient length to tuck behind the rad.