Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Faucet washers

On 8/14/2009 11:14 AM Pete C. spake thus:

David Nebenzahl wrote:

Old house (ca. 1920), old fixtu two pipes going into wall, faucets on
each side, crosspipe running to swinging arm in center. I originally got
a kit from Ace with all parts (seats, washers, seals). The washers
looked wrong, but I put them in.

Usually you need to use one of the valve seat cutters to clean up the
corroded valve seat that is letting water leak by.

I thought it would have been clear that I not only bought a repair kit
that included seats, I installed them. No need to recut a seat when
they're so cheap.