Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default Staining my old desk

Goog wrote:
I stained my old desk with Home Depot's Minimax stain. It has been
two days already and it's still a little damp.

What did I do wrong? I thought the stain would dry out overnight.

Is there anyway can I make it dry faster since I'm planning to put a
couple of clear coat on it.

This is oil base stain? If so, it isn't like paint...you brush it on, let
it sit a bit and then wipe it off. Sounds like you didn't wipe it off. You
can...

1. Wipe it down thoroughly with paint thinner to try to remove excess.

2. Do nothing and see if it dries (it will - eventually - but not hard).

3. Remove it and start over.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...