Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair
gearhead gearhead is offline

Default UPS: "Do not connect laser printer..."

On Jul 22, 8:59*pm, "Arfa Daily" wrote:
"Jupiter Jaq" wrote in message

On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 10:24:41 +0100, "Arfa Daily"
wrote:

Well, not really, but it's all been a very long time ago now. You leave
school, go to college, grow up a bit, get married, raise kids, and become
responsible citizen * :-( * Then you start to get old, and become a grump,
remembering what a good bloke you were back in the day. Guess I'm close to
slipping into that phase now. Grown up kids look at me like I'm mad when
they see me with an iPod stuck in my lugholes, listening to the likes of
Uriah Heep and Dr John ...

Arfa

Did they bring you a blunt yet?

Too cryptic for me this time of night ... *A blunt what ... ? *Knife ?
Instrument ? * :-)

Arfa

A blunt is a joint made using the outer covering of a cheap cigar,
like a Phillie. In fact Phillie makes a cigar named the "Blunt." So
that's how blunts got their name.
Split the cigar open and dump the contents, fill with your favorite
intoxicating herb, and roll it up like the traditional Jamaican
cornshuck splif.
That's how blunts got started -- Jamaican immigrants to major northern
conurbations like NYC could find Phillies Blunts a lot more easily
than they could find cornshucks. Old-fashion corner delis, candy
stores and newsstands in New York City still sell Phillies as they
always have. Most Phillies probably go into making blunts, now, but
some people still smoke them despite that Phillies are the nastiest
cigars made.