Posted to rec.woodworking

Default 14" Delta BS - Motor Replacement Question

I think the general concensus I have seen is it can usually help to
increase hp on smaller band saws with fractional HP or maybe even 1hp
motors. The other general consensus is you shouldn't increase the hp
by too much because the saw wasn't engineered for it so doubling the
size is probably as far as you want to go.

This is just what I have seen discussed.

On Aug 14, 1:32*am, Hoosierpopi wrote:
I don't think the motoer that came with my Delta 14" BS is pulling its
weight/doing the job.

I recall a friend (now out of touch) replaced his BS motor with a 2HP
motor and, subsequently, swore by it and the improvement. He made all
manner of intricate carvings with that saw and it always appeared to
cut as if going through butter.

Has anyone replaced the stock motor on this saw? If so, with what
(specifics, please) and with what results?