Posted to rec.woodworking
Markem[_2_] Markem[_2_] is offline

Default 14" Delta BS - Motor Replacement Question

On Fri, 14 Aug 2009 01:32:49 -0700 (PDT), Hoosierpopi
wrote:

I don't think the motoer that came with my Delta 14" BS is pulling its
weight/doing the job.

I recall a friend (now out of touch) replaced his BS motor with a 2HP
motor and, subsequently, swore by it and the improvement. He made all
manner of intricate carvings with that saw and it always appeared to
cut as if going through butter.

Has anyone replaced the stock motor on this saw? If so, with what
(specifics, please) and with what results?

Replaced a 1/3 HP motor with a 3/4 HP bought from woodworker.com. Was
resawing, the new motor helped but I also got a 1/2 inch resaw blade.

Mark