Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
James Waldby James Waldby is offline

Default OT plastic issues

On Aug 13, 4:16Â*pm, Ignoramus8090 ...wrote
On 2009-08-13, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh ... wrote:
Why not "re-design" the ski a bit, so you can rivet the plastic to
the metal, like a brake pad or shoe is rivetted to its backing.

Looking at these walkers, and thinking that one day I will need one, I
always wondered why they have no wheels, there must be a reason but it
eludes me. Maybe some wheels with brakes. Why these tennis balls?

They do have wheelie walkers, I have one, temporarily. Rear two wheels
have hand brakes. [snip much]

I've seen some "wheelie walkers" without brakes, produced by a company
now defunct; http://www.rollingdogranch.org/dogs/images/emmitt_4_lg.jpg
and http://web.archive.org/web/20080123112941/www.doggon.com/home.html
have a few pictures.

--