Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] stans4@prolynx.com is offline

Default OT plastic issues

On Aug 13, 4:16*pm, Ignoramus8090
wrote:
On 2009-08-13, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Why not "re-design" the ski a bit, so you can rivet the plastic to the
metal, like a brake pad or shoe is rivetted to its backing.

Looking at these walkers, and thinking that one day I will need one, I
always wondered why they have no wheels, there must be a reason but it
eludes me. Maybe some wheels with brakes. Wh these tennis balls?

They do have wheelie walkers, I have one, temporarily. Rear two
wheels have hand brakes. I had one of the wheel-and-post things when
I first got out of the hospital, it sucked, big time. The only
advantage is that it takes up a little less room in the car when
folded. You can get the 4-wheelers at virtually any drugstore for
about $100 or so. Just don't get the brand I ended up with, Medline.
No spare parts, the major pivot rod holding the thing together(5mm
threads) sheared after about 3 days of use, the company doesn't supply
spares. Called them up, they said I'd have to go through the
retailer, like Walgreens has spares in the back somewhere. Wheels are
wearing out after about 8 months of use. Lost an adjustment handle,
too, ended up replacing them all with metric cap screws and acorn
nuts. I think all of these items are designed to be bought through
Medicare, used about 3 weeks and then you're supposed to die. Anyway,
4 wheels, with ball bearings, beats two wheels and dragging two posts
around. Anyway, when the humidity is down, I can make normal walking
speed supporting about half my weight on the thing. Makes a pretty
good shopping cart, too. Hopefully, after the first part of Sept., it
can be stored and I won't need it again, ever.

Stan