Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stephen[_6_] Stephen[_6_] is offline

Default radiator sizes

On Wed, 12 Aug 2009 22:28:57 +0100, "Roger Mills"
wrote:

BTW did you see the reply from Quinn; what did you think?

It stretched my credulity a little!

If I understood it correctly, they were saying that the "ribs" in the
radiator were closer together? If so would it give off more heat
either because of an increased surface area or because it holds more
water?

I have now been offered an ultraheat 500x1400 quoted at 7743 BTU at
dT=50, which also seems higher than the others, though not as high as
the Quinn.

So to be safe I will buy a 1600mm length in whatever make is cheapest!

I can't understand how these manufacturers get different results
because I thought they had to be tested in standard rooms?