Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - Thunder Rod

I copied this for a friend. From another email I got. Yeah,
it's OT, but it was too good not to share.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Ahhhh, yes......

Many years ago there was a lightning rod salesman who sold
mainly to rural customers. He stopped at a farm and was
greeted by a woman who said she didn't want a lightning rod,
didn't need a lightning rod, and wasn't the least bit
worried about lightning. But, she was afraid of thunder.

At that, the salesman said "You're in luck. I just happen to
have a thunder rod in my car!"

He then went to the trunk of his car and pulled out a
charred, blackened lightning rod he'd replaced for a
customer after lightning struck it.

"Here you are, ma'am, the finest thunder rod available
anywhere. I can have it installed for you today!"

The woman bought it, and was so relieved she'd found a
thunder rod that she began telling her friends about it, and
how she wasn't afraid of thunder any more. They, feeling
sorry for her, told the county Sheriff, who quickly tracked
down the salesman, forced him to take the thunder rod down,
and refund the woman's money.

But from that day forward, the woman was once again a
nervous wreck every time there was a storm, and cursed out
her friends for helping her.